Salesforce is a powerful CRM platform and it can be integrated with other applications like ERPs, Marketing Automation Platforms, and other systems. Salesforce integration is an operation or group of operations aimed at consolidating the features and data of any application with Salesforce CRM. Its goal is the reduction of data reconciliation between systems and switching between software. Integration can help your business to create new capabilities, minimize redundancy, share information across the organization, and access 360-degree operational visibility. Our Salesforce services in Delhi NCR are designed to ensure your success by beginning with a detailed discovery and closing with continued support.
Type of Salesforce Integration
We live in a digital era and we constantly need to improve our efficiency and our customer experience to remain competitive – it’s rare that a system works in isolation now. We need to become better and better at integrating our systems so that we can do it faster and in a scalable manner.
Based on your requirements, we would help you ascertain the type of Salesforce integration you should go ahead with. The major types of Salesforce integrations include Real-time Integration, Real-time Mashups, Batch Integration, and AppExchange Integration. Different integrations are suitable for different scenarios. For example, when a new record is made, it is advisable to go ahead with real-time integration so that the information gets immediately updated on both platforms. Any other type of integration would result in a delay in sync and require users to reconcile data manually.
Salesforce Integration Capabilities
You need a high-functioning API that allows any two applications to communicate with each other. When we are talking about integrations, it’s important that we understand their timing and direction. The timing falls into two categories:
- Synchronous:You make a call to another system, but you have to wait for a response in return. The processing won’t continue until the response has been received
- Asynchronous:You make a call to another integrated system, but you don’t have to wait for a response – further processing can continue. For example, if you have a background job that will take a long time to process, you don’t want to wait for the response from that to be created (as you risk a timeout).
A few Integration capabilities are listed below that Salesforce gives us in order to build these integrations.
- REST API
- SOAP API
- Bulk API
- Streaming API
- Outbound Message
- Web Service Callouts
- Salesforce Connect
- Heroku Connect
Kloudrac has Expertise in below integrations
- Integration Salesforce With Steelbrick
- Salesforce With Sage Live
- Salesforce With Paypal
- Salesforce With Netsuite
- Salesforce With Moodle
- Salesforce With Mailchimp
- Salesforce With Hubspot
- Slaesforce With Docusign
- Slaesforce Gmail Integration
- Salesforce Professional Services Calendly
- Salesforce Integration Outlook
- Salesforce Integration
- Salesforce WordPress Integration
- Salesforce to Quickbooks Drupal
- Salesforce Integration Shopify
- Salesforce Integration
- Salesforce Bloclchain Integration
- Salesforce SharePoint Integration
- Salesforce SAP Integration
- Salesforce With Mulesoft Acuity Scheduling